There’s no denying the importance of cleanliness for any business, no matter what industry you’re in. With that said, business owners often have two choices to make when keeping their property or facility clean – hiring a professional cleaning company or putting together their own, in-house cleaning crew.
An in-house cleaning crew gives you complete control over each individual cleaner and allows you to closely monitor their performance. At the same time, in-house cleaning crews take more time, energy, and effort to manage on a daily basis – not to mention the headache of purchasing supplies and equipment.
All of this can be saved by hiring a professional cleaning company. They help business owners limit the amount of overhead – giving them more time, energy, and effort to utilize elsewhere in the business. It’s a win-win for everyone involved, including the business owner, employees, customers, and general public.
Commercial Versus Residential Cleaning
A professional cleaning company can do so much for you and your business, but that doesn’t mean all professional cleaning services are created equal. In fact, there are several different types of cleaning companies – two of the most popular being residential cleaning service and commercial cleaning services.
Let’s take a closer look at the differences between the two:
- Commercial Cleaning Company – cleaning services targeted towards businesses and commercial buildings, such as offices, schools, medical facilities, restaurants, gyms, industrial facilities, and more.
- Residential Cleaning Company – cleaning services targeted towards residential buildings, including homes, townhomes, apartments, condos, or any other building that provides living arrangements.
Business owners are going to want to find a cleaning company that specializes in commercial services. These are the companies that have the experience, equipment, and staff to accommodate the fast-paced environment you work in – ensuring your employees and customers are satisfied with the cleanliness.
What Do Commercial Cleaning Services Offer?
Commercial cleaning duties are very similar to those of residential cleaning, but are generally done on a larger scale and take into account the higher amount of traffic businesses receive on a day-to-day basis – compared to a home. With that said, the exact services offered are going to vary business to business.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common commercial cleaning duties:
- Collect and take out the trash and recycling
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors
- Dust and wipe down all hard surfaces
- Office cleaning
- Janitorial cleaning services
- Straighten up and tidy public areas
- Window cleaning and mirrors
- Spot clean walls and ceilings
- Sanitize door handles/knobs and light switches
- Clean and disinfect bathroom areas
- Anything else a company needs cleaned or sanitized
Most commercial cleaning companies provide two different services – basic cleaning and deep cleaning. As the name suggests, deep cleaning methods are much more elaborate and while they cost more than a basic cleaning service, the results are unparalleled. It all boils down to what your unique company needs.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Commercial Cleaning Company
Maintaining a safe and clean environment is as necessary as anything else in life, but those stakes are raised for any company that sees an influx of people on a regular basis. And while a commercial cleaning company could be the answer for you and your business, it’s not a practical solution for every business.
Let’s first take a look at some of the advantages of hiring a commercial cleaning company:
- Improve customer and employee satisfaction
- Comply with all the latest health and safety guidelines
- Improve employee productivity (less time spent cleaning)
- Prevent the spread of illness in your establishment (less sick days)
- Customers are impressed by the cleanliness and overall appearance
- Employees are happier and more energetic in a welcoming environment
- Less overhead and compartmentalize costs towards cleaning
- Trained individuals with years (sometimes decades) of experience
- More storage space (less cleaning supplies)
- Commercial cleaning companies use state-of-the-art equipment
Now, let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages of hiring a commercial cleaning company:
- Can be more expensive short-term, but not so much long-term
- Companies usually have other clients, meaning yours isn’t always top priority
- Less control over the methods used and individual workers
- Must find a company that fits your work schedule and is reliable
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of hiring a commercial cleaning service is how versatile they are. They take into account what each company needs and offer customized packages to ensure their clients are satisfied. At the end of the day, your employees and customers should be treated like royalty.
Signs Your Business Needs Commercial Cleaning
There comes a time when every business needs to make the transition from an in-house cleaning crew to a professional commercial cleaner. Sometimes the signs are obvious, while other times they’re a little harder to accept. Either way, the success and general perception of your company could be at risk.
Here are some of the most telling warning signs that your business could use commercial cleaning:
- Your business deals with hazardous material that’s best handled by a professional
- Your business has strict sanitary rules, laws, and guidelines to follow (restaurants, gyms, etc.)
- Your facility needs deep cleaning beyond what your employees can achieve
- You don’t have the means to invest in the equipment needed to clean your business
- Your business’ reputation is suffering as a result of poor cleanliness
- Your business doesn’t have the time or money to afford a quality in-house cleaning crew
Businesses are usually surprised at the day-to-day difference commercial cleaners make. Whether you require their services daily, weekly, or monthly, it’s a noticeable difference that helps establish your company as a leader in its industry – so long as you find the right company for you.
Do You Need a Commercial Cleaning Company?
Are you unimpressed by the cleanliness of your establishment? Do you feel customers and employees are unsatisfied when they step foot in your business? Are you ready to change your business’ image and set yourself apart from the competition? If you answered yes to those questions, we want to help.
At Crime Scene Cleaners, we have more than 25 years experience in the cleaning industry and we’re excited to extend our services to you and your business! While we specialize in cleaning crime scenes, our professionals are trained to clean both residential and commercial properties – contact us today!